The Third Sunday of Lockdown

My morning tweet said it all


I thought I might have got used to the churches being closed on Sunday. It turned out I wasn't.  I found myself weeping, sobbing with pain and frustration. It should have been Family Service at Coltishall. We had planned a retelling of Palm Sunday and Holy Week before the lockdown. I longed to be able to gather with our small but faithful congregation. 
So we tuned in to the national Palm Sunday service. It was OK, but I cannot get alongside the celebrant sharing bread and wine with his partner. Even though they say the words of the liturgy, it does not seem either holy or communion to me.
We had another go at the #pilgrimageinlockdownchallenge - Can you fit a mini- pilgrimage into the hour's exercise we are allowed?  I couldn't keep away from church - see what unfolded here ........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage