Considering the Flowers

Because I need to get in the cardiovascular exercise, I have mainly been considering the flowers on my hour's exercise this week.



I did stop to notice the first of the summer's swallows resting up on a telephone wire and listen to the melodic song of a blackcap, but otherwise I was pushing myself.




It's always good to be reminded of the Bard's, "Primrose path that leads to the everlasting bonfire" in Lent.
Making haste and not stopping I found myself with St. John of the Cross in mind, writing his Spiritual Canticle  across the valley from the Generalife Gardens in Granada, looking south to the Alpujarra :

"I will go in search of my love, 
I will gather no flowers on the way.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage