#Lockdown 2.0 Sunday Pilgrimage 29th November

 On the eve of the feast of St. Andrew  an afternoon ramble through field and fen to visit the church of St. Peter, Belaugh.



Perched high on a natural mound, looking south across marsh and river. 


Did i imagine I had overheard a conversation between the two fishermen Peter and Andrew?  "Fishers of men! Some joke! Neither of us could have imagined where it would lead us!"



Passing the boatyard on the way home, I think about Peter and Andrew's chippy friend. I imagine him keeping their fishing boats in good order!  Now, there's a metaphor for the Church he founded with his  "follow me" and "I will make you fishers of men - fishing boat. 

Not a cruise ship, nor a battle ship, a fishing boat. Like Andrew and Peter we look towards the Chippy of Nazareth to keep the ship of the church in good order.

Did I imagine the fishermen addressing me wondering, "How's the fishing been in recent weeks?"? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage