#Lockdown 2.0 Pilgrimage 22nd November

 The Feast of Christ the King 

                             Today's destination my parish church St. John the Baptist, Coltishall


Christians have been gathering on this hill for 1000 years or more. Later in the day folk will be gathering here electronically . That's alright if you like that sort of thing but it feels like a poor substitute to me.
 I'd really like to get inside the building and consider the east window but entery is denied. Centre stage is Christ the King


Among the saints who bend the knee in the right hand panel is St. Edmund the King whose martyrdom we celebrated last week. As I renew my allegiance to Christ the King on this Stir up Sunday I ponder the cost of discipleship...........  and find myself thinking about Ditrich Bonhoffer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage