A Pilgrim's Welcome at Phillack

Caitlin Green's research on the Hayle Estuary ( http://www.caitlingreen.org/2018/05/phillack-and-the-hayle-estuary.html) brought me to Phillack church to see the reused 5th century Chi Rho stone built into porch of the, Victorian re-build version of, a Christian place of worship.

Many thanks to Caitlin for sharing her insights so freely! Here's my rather poor pics -





A bit faint, perhaps, but none-the-less a witness to the on-going  Christian mission to Cornwall!



















1,5000 years later this pilgrim was mightily impressed with the church's ongoing mission and the Children's Corner


"Not many children come on Sundays," a faithful Church member told me . That may be so, but a proud dad, not a church-goer by any means, spoke enthusiastically about going to  Phillack Church for various school events. 

Most especially, I liked a prayer station that opened a way into the heart of prayer



I expect I will be suggesting it as a model for seaside places in East Anglia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage