High Places Maps and Photos

I am interested in Norfolk's high places. Many of them marked by heritage churches. St. Peter's Belaugh is on my home turf .




Since working on the Walsingham Way  - plotting an off road pilgrim route from the east coast through Norwich to Walsingham, - I keep finding more. 


Most recently, I have been at Swanton Morley. All Saints Church is set on a spur overlooking the river below.  Pictures of churches tend to focus on the building rather than its place in the landscape.   Maps don't always help, Ordinance Survey contours don't always do justices to a sites unique setting.




LIDAR maps can sometimes be better!


 
Photos seem to give the best sense of the topography. 

Towards that end, I am hoping others will join me to produce a collection of churches in high places. I would be interested to know how much interest there might be in this.  

Where a collection could best be gathered is a moot question.  Flickr or a Facebook group, perhaps? 

I have started to gather some of my pics on my Flickr Account   I had little success with my first attempt to muster enthusiasm on the Historic Churches of Norfolk FB Group .







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage