The night is past............

I had a bad night, not quite as bad as those the Psalmist used to endure. I wasn't watering my couch with tears but it was'nt getting better soon either! Joy did not come in the morning. None the less, something was dawning!

Floods in Cumbria, war in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria, millions of refugees on the move, Church of England going through difficult changes etc.. Dark enough without adding the usual problems, difficulties and challenges that come one's way.

Morning Prayer - "The night is past the day lies open before us."  You must be joking!
But no!  I was saying morning prayer, awaiting the sunrise and looking straight at Venus, The Morning Star,  low in the eastern sky.




St Peter came to mind - 
"For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we had been eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honour and glory from God the Father when that voice was conveyed to him by the Majestic Glory, saying, ‘This is my Son, my Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.’ We ourselves heard this voice come from heaven, while we were with him on the holy mountain.
So we have the prophetic message more fully confirmed. You will do well to be attentive to this as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. "

2 Peter 1.16 ff 


The hope of light in the darkness?!  That's what I have bought in for! That is something more profound than a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage