Saturday 6th October 2007
- We join the Fursey Pilgrims for their annual pilgrimageto Burgh Castle.
- We meet outside Great Yarmouth Station at 10.07 a.m. and will leave on foot from there to Burgh Castle as soon as the Norwich train arrives.
- The train departs Norwich at 9.36 a.m..
- Those arriving by car might like to know that on past occasions we have parked in the, adjacent, Asda Car Park!
- It is 4.5 miles to Burgh Castle along the southern shore of Breydon Water
- We arrive at Burgh Castle at about 12 noon.
- Lunch is available at the Church Farm pub. They do a great carvery! Please let Maureen from The Fursey Pilgrims know if you are coming so she can reserve places. Contact her on :01493-781747
- Church Service, preacher Bishop Graham, at 2.30 p.m.
- Followed by a walk to and prayers at the site of St. Fursey’s monastery within the walls of Burgh Castle.
- Then refreshments at the village hall
- We will either beg lifts or catch the No.7 bus back to Yarmouth. It departs the Cherry Tree pub at 4.44 p.m and arrives in Great Yarmouth 5.17 p.m.
- Norwich train which departs at 5.47 p.m. and arrives Norwich at 6.22 p.m.
Look forward to seeing you on the day! Bring a friend!
For further details be in touch with Richard and Margaret Woodham on 01603-736411 or at